If you would like to be considered for the 2021-2022 team, please e-mail our director, Ms. Joette at firstname.lastname@example.org for audition information and a studio tour.
FREE TEAM WORKSHOP
Considering joining the program and interested in a workshop. Join us!
Thursday, May 6, 5:15-6:15 pm (ages 4-6) Diamond Dolls Team
Wednesday, May 19, 5:00-6:15 pm (ages 7-8)
Wednesday, May 19, 6:30-8:30 pm (ages 9+)
Diamond Dolls: (ages 4-6) Saturday, May 22, 9-10 am, Cost: $20
Petites: (ages 7-8) Friday, May 21, Times 5:00-6:15 pm. Cost: $25
Mini/Junior/Senior: (ages 9+) Friday, May 21, 6:30-8:30 pm. Cost: $30
Musical Theater: (ages 9+) Friday, May 21, 6:30-8:30 pm. Cost: $30
Our competition team is designed with serious dance students in mind. Students on the competition team compete at 4-5 regional competitions, recital, and special performance opportunities throughout the year. This program is a balance study between recreational and competitive. It also has collegiate programs in mind for future study in dance. Mosaic Dance Company has already placed students as dance majors at Western Michigan University and Wayne State University!
Students interested in the competition team must audition or take a summer placement class. The student’s placement has more to do with student ability, potential, technique and understanding than just age. Our competition students compete in solos, duets, trios, small groups and large groups. Our competition teams participate in the following dance genres: Jazz, Musical Theater, Modern & Contemporary, Lyrical and Hip Hop. Ballet and team classes are mandatory to be on the competitive team.
MDC’s Winning Program Highlights:
2021 Season Top Honors/Wins:
- 2 Industry Dance Awards for "Eleanor Rigby and Jenny of Oldstone" and final national competition in October at www.industrydanceawards.com (Fort Wayne, Energy Dance)
- Top Overall score of 284.4 out of 1000 numbers for "Diamonds" (Energy Dance Competition, Fort Wayne)
- Pac attack wins for "Broadway, Diamonds, Crazy in Love, I Would, Lay Me Down and Here Comes the Sun." Title Winners Destiny Schlosser, Kylie Smith, and Dylan Curtis. (Precision Arts Toledo)
- 4th place "Jenny of Oldstone", "Oh So Quiet," and many solo/duet placements in highest competitive category along with judges choice awards (Talent on Parade, St. Louis) over 1200 numbers attended.
- 1st place Diamonds, Speed of Light Duet, Girl Hunt Duet, On Broadway, and Lay Me Down trio, 2nd place Eleanor Rigby, 4th place Jenny of Oldstone and Oh So Quiet, Runner Up Legacy Title Destiny Schlosser and much more with judges choices and placement in solos/duets. (Legacy Dance Competition, Toledo)
- 2020 Precision Dance Arts: Pac Attack Award (mini team), 2nd highest score of the entire competition to the Juniors out of 581 numbers! WOW! And much more placement with solo/duets/trio and groups.
- 2019 TOP STUDIO for Highest Scoring Studio Overall- Addiction Dance Competition. WOW!
- 2019 Junior Team: National Title Winner Competitive Level- (Addiction Dance Competition), MVP Title (Hall of Fame), 1st and 2nd place overall (Showstoppers), Best Costume (Addiction), 1st Place Overall (On Point), Judges Choice all competitions, Top 10 awards all competitions
- 2019 Mini Team: National Winner Competitive Level - (Addiction Dance Competition). 1st and 2nd Place Overall (Showstoppers), Title Solo Winners (Addiction), 1st Place Overall, (OnPointe), 2nd place Overall (Hall of Fame), Best Choreography Award, Judges Choice, Top 10 awards, High Point Awards (All competitions)
Mosaic Dance Company is a professional working company that specializes in individual attention and growth. We are the only studio with a professional costume designer in studio daily, coaches with resumes that include Broadway and working circuit judges. The company travels as a professional unit with team gear, trainers, seamstresses, professional judges and athletic trainers. Your dancer will be in the best hands! As quoted by Energy Dance Competition, "Mosaic Dance Center is a sophisticated studio that brings artistry, precision, and beauty through the athlete to the stage. It is always a pleasure to see MDC on stage."
To address the needs of those dancers who would like performance and competition opportunities for the purpose of expanding their dance experience through exposure to all faucets of the dance industry, choreographers, assessment of a neutral panel of judges, community involvement, and to access their own levels and expertise to enhance future study in the arts.
Why compete on a team?
Why compete on a team?
As professionals in the industry, we witness dancers that want to perform more than one recital and need an advanced program to fit their needs. For the studio to effectively provide these opportunities, we must have a dedicated group of dancers that will stay together and are willing to perform on a regular bases in both recreational and competitive settings.
Dancers are separated by age, skill level (company or team), and choreography requirements. Routines for the teams will be based on the individual make-up of each team, but each dancer will perform 1-2 routines per team. By making a commitment to Mosaic Dance Teams and your fellow team members, we are better able to provide a variety of performance opportunities. Team members will have the spirit and the joy of dance as a performing art and understand the level of commitment and dedication necessary to be their best! Mosaic Dance Teams are required to perform recreational performances as well as competitive.
Would you like to experience what a team practice is like and get more information on being a part of the MDC team family? We invite you to join our summer classes to get a feel for our award winning program. All teams will take one night at week for 4-5 weeks to maintain strength. Contact Joette or dates and time of your dancers age/background: email@example.com.
Diamond Dolls: 4-6 yrs. old
Petite: 7-9 yrs. old
Mini: 10-12 yrs. old
Junior/Senior: 12 + yrs. old
Musical Theater Team (ages 9+)
When you arrive at the studio, be dressed in proper dance attire: All black with black leotard, or Black dance shirts/jazz pants with black bra top. Bring ballet shoes or jazz shoes. NO jeans or sweatshirts. This will be a closed audition; no one can sit in and watch (this is so the students are not distracted). Membership on a Mosaic Team is by audition only. Membership on a team does not guarantee membership on a team the following year. Dancers must be properly dressed at their auditions. If you missed the auditions for the Mosaic Dance Team and would like to be considered, please contact us at (269) 321-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We select for a number of different teams based on dance style, age and ability in styles of Hip-Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Lyrical, Acro & Musical Theater.
Attend summer classes and workshops. Mosaic offers in studio master classes instead of attending expensive conventions. Attend all wicked weekend intensives that are usually one Sunday a month from October-April. Members must attend all scheduled classes and rehearsals. Clear all weekends scheduled for competitions/performances; includes Friday, Saturday/Sunday. Sign a commitment contract (parents/dancers) agreement. If at any time you leave the MDC team program you will be required to take a year off with recreational classes before a student can audition again.
Competition Team Summer Classes: Dates (July 12 – Aug. 3).
Team members will be taking acro, ballet and team class (below) in the summer.
- Junior Team & Mini Team – Tuesday
- Petite Team – Monday
- Diamond Dolls – Tuesday
Team Classes per week for 2021-2022 during season:
- Diamond Dolls: (age 4-6) 2 classes a week
- Petite Team: (ages 6-9) takes 3-4 classes a week
- Demi Team: (advanced 6-8) takes 4-5 classes a week
- Mini Team: (ages 9-11) 6-7 hours a week
- Junior: (ages 11+) 7+ classes
- Musical Theater: (ages 9+): 2 hours a week
Welcome to the MOSAIC DANCE COMPANY! Go MDC!