Take a studio tour and meet the Mosaic Staff!
The Mosaic Staff invites you to call or e-mail to schedule a private tour of our facility. It is important to us that you feel comfortable with selecting the right environment for your child. Our professional staff enjoys answering questions and giving tips on what to expect. Please call today at 269-321-4400 or e-mail Joette, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for your private tour!
Covid-19 Safety and Cleaning MDC procedures:
Spacing, Capacity, Numbers
- Limit capacity (employees and members/clients) based on available space (7000 sq. feet) and ability to social distance with six feet between members/clients, except in facilities where instructor/student must be in close proximity.
- For camp settings, set up work areas before arrival of students, allowing at least a six-foot radius around users.
- Reinforce spacing through training with employees, and reinforcement with members/clients.
- Remove excess seating throughout the facility to discourage lingering.
- Reduce class sizes, if necessary, to accommodate the required six feet of social distancing.
- Eliminate lost and founds.
- At child-centric training/instruction, limit parents/ guardians to one individual. Ask clients to limit those in waiting area or not come in the building at all.
- Hand washing or sanitization wipes handed out upon entry to facility for all students.
- Use sanitizer products that meet the CDC guidelines.
- Have sanitizer wipes available throughout the facility for employees and members/clients.
- Provide cleaning products, EPA-approved disinfectants or disinfecting wipes for sanitizing equipment before and after use by clients, with equipment cleaning backed up by employees.
- Routine disinfection of high-contact surfaces, desk workstations, restrooms, and chairs.
- Deep cleaning after hours or during low-use times for 24-hour facilities.
- Water fountain will remain open due to federal guidelines but we ask you only use it as a last resort. Bring your own water bottle. It will be cleaned between classes.
- In entry, post signs about social distancing and mask.
- Post reminder signage for hand-washing, sanitization, distancing, wellness regarding eat, sleep, and nutrition, etc.
Open exterior doors and windows to allow air flow through the building if possible, on nice days.
Provide instruction/education on COVID-19 prevention if possible.
- Facial coverings are an order with exceptions: A face covering is not required while:
- Eating or drinking while seated at a restaurant or other food service establishment;
- Exercising (indoors or outdoors) if the face covering would interfere in the activity;
- Speaking with someone who is hearing impaired or otherwise disabled and the ability to see the mouth is essential to communication;
- Officiating a religious service; or
- Giving a speech for broadcast or an audience.
- Face coverings may be temporarily removed:
- When entering a business or receiving a service and identification is necessary; or
- While receiving a service where temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service
- Face coverings may be temporarily removed:
- According to the CDC Facial coverings are not recommended by exercise industry standards if prohibiting oxygen intake during exercise and heart rate elevated (cdc.gov).
- Maintain at least six feet from other employees and members/clients unless instruction makes it impractical. Members/clients must conduct self-assessment and not enter a facility if they are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
When participating in training, do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to class.
• Maintain six-foot social distancing, except when instruction requires close interaction with instructor/ coach.
• All are encouraged to wash hands after and keep hands off of face.
- NO sharing of any items. Bring your own dance bag with hand sanitizer.
Safe Reopening Guideline:
- Arrive at MDC dressed and ready to dance. There is NO changing of clothes allowed anywhere in the facility.
- Sanitize hands open arrival and as departing.
- If you arrive prior to class time, please wait in the car until your scheduled class time to avoid crowds.
- Classes will dismiss (5 mins) early to allow for social distancing, and sanitizing.
- Lobby is limited opening and we ask that parents not linger if your child is 6 and older. Please drop off your dancer and pick up if at all possible.
- All registrations must be made online for now to limit anyone entering the lobby.
- The “Lost & Found” has been removed. Anything left at the studio at the end of the night will be thrown away.
- Bring your own water bottles. Drinking fountains are a last resort.
Health Screening & Stay at Home
- Parents are expected to screen their own dancers for COVID -19 or other transmissible disease.
- Anyone with a cough, difficulty breathing, head lice or fever over 100 should NOT come to class.
- Anyone who has come in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID 19, please stay home for 48 hours.
- No Drop-In or Single Classes due to social distancing and contact tracing.
- Anyone uncomfortable with sending their child to the studio for any reason at this time.
- Anyone with a dancer or family member that feels ill or has a fever.
- Windows will remain open when possible for the time being to allow constant air flow.
- HVAC will be turned on in the dance rooms to assist with air circulation.
- We will not be using props unless they are sanitized between uses.
- Ballet barres will be sanitized after each use. Limited dancers permitted per barre.
- Staff will disinfect all touch surfaces and entry points, before and after each class.
- Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed in each room.
Dance Bags Extras:
Hand sanitizer, Towel, Water Bottle, Kleenex,