Hot Cocoa & Pajama Week at Mosaic: February 23-27. Wear your pajama's to class and get cookies and cocoa at the end of class time.
Mosaic Day at the K-Wings on Sunday, February 22 at 3 pm. Tickets are $14 adults and $7 for children under 12. The Baton Classes will be performing after the first period. Tickets are pre-sold through Mosaic and the last day to order is Thursday, February 19.
Friday Night Dance Party! Friday, February 27 from 6:30-8:30 pm. (Ages 5 and up) Invite all your friends (you don't have to be a student at Mosaic). Dancers will jam the night away (2 hours) to top pop songs and learn a hip-hop/jazz routine to Disney's High School Musical. Cost is $5 per child. All proceeds go to help Mosaic Dancers study on Broadway in June.
Bring a Friend to Dance Week, April 27-May 1 in honor or National Dance Week. This is your chance to bring a friend to show them what it's like to be a dancer. Cost is free and only clean street shoes are needed or go barefoot.
Greek Festival, Saturday, June 6, Time TBD
Spring Show, Saturday, June 13 at 3 pm
A dance recital is an exciting time for a young dancer, but many parents of new dancers become stressed and nervous about the experience. Here are a few tips:
1. Seating is first come first serve basis and please DO NOT save or reserve a large section of seats if you arrive early. Shows usually sale out and we will need to have everyone in a seat and some cases a few might be standing. In the past I've had to spend a large majority of my time rearranging folks to get everyone seated. I prefer to be backstage preparing your child instead of repositioning parents. Thank you in advance. Ms. Joette
2. If you have a small dancer, please make sure they potty before you arrive or once you arrive. Nerves can get the best of us and I would not want an emergency run to the bathroom.
3. For the safety and privacy of the dancers, only one parent is allowed into the dressing room and if you have an older child, a parent may not be necessary. NO STREET SHOES IN DANCE STUDIOS - PARENTS!! THANK YOU!
4. Please remember to turn OFF Cell phones.
5. NO flash photography or video taping during the performances. A professional video can be purchased and forms will be on the back table.
6. All items must be removed from auditorium after the show.
7. Doors will open 30 minutes early of each show time.
8. Water is the only thing allowed in the hall and dressing rooms.
9. Plan ahead. Start planning a week before the recital. Make a list of everything you will need, including costumes, tights, dance shoes and accessories.
10. Arrive on time. Plan to arrive at the place of the performance early. You'll need time to set up in a dressing room and your child will want extra time to hang around with her friends.
11. Label all costumes and accessories. Many young girls in the same classes are the same size. Keep track of your child's things by labeling everything.
12. Bring boredom busters. Recital days can be extremely tiring for young dancers. Pack a few quiet games, such as a deck of cards, to quietly pass the time.
Finally, thank you for choosing Mosaic Hall and Dance Center! Your dancer has worked very hard to get ready for each production. So, sit back and relax, and of course, APPLAUD for all the dancers hard work. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.